Topline Details of the Modified Competition Season are as follows:
- Start Date – December 1, 2020
- There will be no seeding round this season
- This plan assumes cohort sizes will remain at 50 for the remainder of the season
- There will be 4 – three week cycles to the season plus a playoff cycle (TBD)
- In each cycle teams will be partnered with another team in their division thus forming a‘Competition Cohort’
- In each of these cycles teams will play 3 games versus each other in a 1 week period (only2 games per cycle for U9 age category)
- Those teams will then practice (develop) for a 2 week period in isolation of each other, thus dissolving the competition cohort
- Teams will then be provided another partner team for the next cycle, basically a newcompetition cohort for the next period
At this time we continue to work out the details, and we will revise the Hockey Calgary ‘Return to Hockey’ plan with more information in the coming days.
This plan only works if we continue to be diligent with the safety protocols put in place by the Associations and the facilities. Please ensure that you are following them so that we can maintain a safe playing environment for the remainder of the season.