LEAGUE CHAIR POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT U9, U11, U13 AND U15!
League Chairs are an integral part of Hockey Calgary’s volunteer group, acting as the connection between coaches/managers and Hockey Calgary. We are currently looking to fill vacancies in the following age categories:
If you have a child playing in one of these age categories, or are looking for volunteer opportunities with Hockey Calgary, please consider volunteering as a League Chair! You will join a group of passionate, hockey-minded, volunteers who come back each season as a key contact for our teams. We want each team to feel heard, and this position allows that to happen!
Please see the below Job Description. Applications can be submitted online HERE
To be the benchmark of sports associations by providing leadership, life skills
and development to our members for the enjoyment and success of all.
To provide a safe, fun, fair environment for all by building strong partnerships
through shared leadership and support with our member organizations.
POSITION: League Chairperson
REPORTS TO: Age Category Governor
POSITION TYPE: Volunteer
TERM: Seasonal – October to March
PURPOSE: The League Chairperson will serve as the main contact between coaches/managers and Hockey Calgary within an assigned age category and league. In this role the League Chairperson assists in developing and maintaining positive relations on behalf of Hockey Calgary.
- Supervise and guide the conduct of the teams in their specific league
- Be familiar with Hockey Calgary Regulations, policies, and procedures
- Liaise between teams and Age Category Governor
- Review and approve exhibition game requests received through the Hockey Calgary website
- Assess and monitor suspensions that result during games in the current season
- Attend a minimum of one game per team in each of the scheduling rounds
- Approve requests for use of affiliate players and substitute goaltender
- Attend disciplinary hearings when required
- Ensure all game sheets are entered and review for completeness
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and electronic
- General knowledge of the Hockey Calgary structure
- A keen interest in hockey
- Dedicated and highly motivated
- Comfortable in confrontational situations
TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- Preseason and Esso Minor Hockey Week orientation
- Training manual including communication templates
- Hockey Canada Official Playing Rules and Hockey Calgary Regulations Handbook
- October through March – average 5 hours per week
- Special Considerations
- Preseason orientation – 2 hours
- Esso Minor Hockey Week
- Orientation – 2 hours
- Attend games – 10 hours
- Medal presentations – 2 hours
- City Championship medal presentations (excluding novice) – 2 hours
- Volunteer banquet
- Hockey Calgary swag
- Volunteer for a leading minor sports organization
- Enhance career opportunities
- Exposed to other Hockey Calgary volunteer opportunities
- Acquire new skills
- Have fun and develop friendships!