- Program offered to 2nd Year Timbits through U15 aged skaters and goalies
- Will generally play in same age group as previous hockey season - players could move up based on numbers to round out teams
- Open to players from Bow River and other associations
- One friend request per player allowed – must play at similar level, cannot guarantee but we will do our best to accommodate
- Open to any skill level and gender
- Strong emphasis on safe and fun hockey
- We will do our best to have like skilled players grouped together
- Games only, no practices
- 3 on 3 / 4 on 4 / 5 on 5 - depending on attendance from week to week
- Coaches decide teams for each group and may switch players throughout the season to ensure equitable skill levels and competitive play
- Each player will receive a Bow River Spring Hockey jersey and socks (yours to keep)
- Cost: U9 half-ice $275, U9 full-ice $375, U11-U15 $325, Goalies $0
- U9 skaters may need to rotate through the goalie position if not enough goalies register. Bow River will provide goalie gear in this instance.
New this season - Intro to U11:
- NEW for 2014 players interested in learning the technical elements of formalized 5 on 5 hockey format.
- Open to any interested 2014 player moving to U11 next season.
- Any 2014 player wishing to register for the U9 half-ice program instead will be able.
- 5 on 5 full-ice format designed to help with the transition from half to full-ice
- These sessions will be officiated to introduce full-ice concepts like icing, off-sides, and penalties
- One hour per week on either Saturday or Sunday (consistent from week to week)
- Spring Hockey will run from April 1-2nd to June 17-18th, 2023
- 10 weeks, no hockey on Easter or May Long Weekends (April 8-9th and May 20-21st)
- Saturday Ice Times (5 sessions; 10:00am to 3:00pm start times)
- Sunday Ice Times (4 sessions; 12:15pm to 4:00pm start times)
- Final groupings and scheduled times cannot be determined until player counts are finalized and groups are made. If you have a schedule restriction, please share it with the coordinator. Our best effort will be made to accommodate requests, but cannot guarantee.
- Subject to change based on registration numbers
IMPORTANT: Spring Hockey cannot run without COACHES and other volunteers. Please select one of the volunteer options in your registration. Coaches responsibilities include supervising locker rooms, refereeing, playing music and working the gate (plus setting up the boards for U9). No actual “coaching” required.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN FROM FEB 15th - MARCH 15th, 2023
*All withdrawals are subject to a $50 Administrative Fee. NO REFUNDS will be issued AFTER MARCH 15, 2022