3 ON 3 SPRING HOCKEY
Due to current AHS restrictions, Bow River will not be offering its traditional 3 on 3 program in 2021. Instead, we will be offering the 2021 Spring Development Program (SDP)
Spring Development Program - U9 – U18 Skaters
U9 – U18 players can register for a physically distanced development program that will run from April 10th - June 13th, 2021 (including May long weekend). The SDP will have the flexibility to include battle drills, small area games or 3 on 3 if AHS relaxes restrictions to minor hockey. Each participant will be on the ice at the Bowness Sportsplex once a week either on Saturday or Sunday with a DASH Training instructor in similar skill groups of 8-9 players per half sheet.
The cost for 10 Skater development sessions is $350.
Spring Development Program - U9-U18 Goalies
U9 – U18 goalies can register for a physically distanced development program that will run from April 10th - June 13th, 2021 (including May long weekend). Each participant will be on the ice at Bowness Sportsplex once a week on either Saturday or Sunday with an Evolution Goaltending instructor in similar skill groups of 6 goalies per half sheet.
The cost for 10 Goalie development sessions is $500.
Register now, space is limited. If your desired program is full, we encourage you to register on the wait list through the same link below. We will try to accommodate more participants if possible.
Should the SDP be cancelled due to Government Closures prior to the conclusion of the SDP, a pro-rated refund would be issued.
BOW RIVER SPRING 3 ON 3
Basic outline for Spring Hockey 2020:
- Program offered to 2nd Year Timbits through Bantam aged players and goalies
- Will play in same age group as previous hockey season
- Open to players from Bow River and other associations
- One friend request per player allowed – must play at similar level, cannot guarantee but we will do our best to accommodate
- Open to any skill level and both male and female players
- Strong emphasis on safe and fun hockey
- We will do our best to have like skilled players grouped together
- 3 on 3 / 4 on 4 - depending on the numbers of skaters week to week
- Coaches decide teams for each group and may switch players throughout the season to ensure equitable skill levels and competitive play
- One ice time per week for 1 hour on either Saturday or Sunday (consistent from week to week)
- Spring Hockey will run from April 4-5th to June 20-21st
- 10 weeks, no hockey on Easter or May Long Weekends (April 11-12th and May 16-17th)
- Saturday Ice Times (5 sessions; 10:00am to 3:00pm start times)
- Sunday Ice Times (4 sessions; 12:15pm to 4:00pm start times)
- Younger age groups will skate earlier than the older groups
- Final groupings and scheduled times cannot be determined until player counts are finalized and groups are made
- Saturday (2nd Year Timbits, Novice 1, Atom 1, Peewee 1 & 3)
- Sunday (Novice 2, Atom 2, Peewee 2, Bantam)
- Groups will be assigned to keep skill level as close as possible
- 1 groups are higher skill levels – (i.e. Div 1 – 2)
- 2 & 3 groups are lower skill levels (i.e. Div 3 – 7)
- Subject to change based on registration numbers
- Each player will receive a Bow River 3 on 3 Spring Hockey jersey (yours to keep)
- Cost is $235.00 per player
IMPORTANT: Spring Hockey cannot run without COACHES and other volunteers. Please select one of the volunteer options in your registration.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN FROM FEB 1st- MARCH 15th, 2020
*All withdrawals are subject to a $50 Administrative Fee. NO REFUNDS will be issued AFTER MARCH 15, 2020