Getting a Police Check
FOR THE 2021-22 SEASON ONLY
The Calgary Police Service's ePIC system is not currently recognizing our volunteer number, but we can still have our volunteers apply for their police checks in person at one of their DIstrict Offices. We understand that this is far less convenient than the on-line application, but this will serve our purpose until their IT team resolves the issue within ePIC. We thank you in advance for taking the time out of your schedule to get your your check done.
If you need a police check done please follow the 3 steps below:
- Print off and fill in the On-Ice Volunteer letter from Bow River (link below). There is no cost to you for this as long as you bring the On-Ice Volunteer letter with our volunteer number on it. Bow River will not be reimbursing volunteers if they are charged a fee because they forgot to bring the letter.
- Attend one of the CPS District Offices and bring 2 pieces of Government issued ID with you
Acceptable Valid Government Issued Photo Identification
One must be selected from this column
- Driver's Licence (Interim Operator's Licence NOT valid ID)
- Alberta Photo Identification Card (Issued through Registry Agent Offices)
- Permanent Resident Card (past expired date is acceptable)
- Firearms Licence
- Nexus Card
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card (Federally issued)
- Aviation Document Booklet
- Refugee Protection Claimant Document-Certified
- Student ID for Minors (between the ages of 12 to 15who do not have any of the above photo ID)
Acceptable Valid Government Issued Identification
- Provincial Healthcare Card
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Immigration Papers
- Citizenship Card
- Citizenship Certificate
- Results will be mailed to you. At that time, please email a copy of the results to BRBHAadmin@bowriverhockey.ca. As we are not able to use the electronic ePIC system right now, Bow River will not get a copy of the results automatically.
If you are unsure if you have a valid police check on file with Bow River, you are able to verify this and other certifications you hold. Please follow the directions in the link below.