Please read through the information below to ensure you are ready to register.
GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
BOW RIVER BRUINS HOCKEY ASSOCIATION BOUNDARIES:
Players must hold permanent residency on September 1st with one or more parents or legal guardians in one of the following communities:
- Lynx Ridge
- Point McKay
- Valley Ridge
AGE RANGE OF PLAYERS:
Players must be between the ages of 5 – 17 years of age as of December 31
PROOF OF RESIDENCY:
Proof of residency can be asked for at any time. Documents that will be accepted are:
- a current utility bill in your name (must include service address as well as mailing address)
- proof of community school enrollment
- current GST statement or income tax assessment
- homeowner/rental insurance statement
- If moving prior to start of season - a signed purchase/rental agreement with possession date
- if moving to a home under construction – a signed builder agreement with possession date
Please note that property tax bills, cell phone bills, and driver’s licenses will NOT be accepted as proof of residency.
RESPECT IN SPORT (RIS) PARENT PROGRAM:
All players in Alberta must be connected to a Respect in Sport Certificate. This program is mandated by Hockey Alberta. This one (1) hour, online program must be completed by at least 1 parent or guardian of the player. The cost of this course is $12.60 every 4 years.
Parents who completed RIS prior to 2016 will need to re-certify before registering their player.
HOCKEY CANADA ID:
Registration will require your player's 13 digit Hockey Canada ID. If you do not know this you can retrieve it through one of three ways listed here:
- Login to your Respect In Sport Parent / Profile / Child Mangagement OR
- Login to your eHockey account OR
- Login to your HCR account / select receipt / ID is next to player's name
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Online Registration opens through the link at the bottom of this page – JULY 1st
- Please Note: Only members with accounts in good standing will be permitted to register. Once accounts are brought up to date, registration will be allowed.
On-line registration will accept VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, and American Express as the preferred methods of payment.
Arrangements for Money Orders or Cash can be made by contacting the BRBHA Administrator by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
BRBHA does NOT accept personal cheques as a form of payment.
Registrations can be paid in full or on a 3 instalment payment plan (33% at time of registration, 33% July 31 and 34% Aug 20)
If you require a different payment arrangement please email your proposal to the BRBHA Administrator email@example.com .
Players will not be permitted to participate in evaluations until fees are paid in full – All fees are due prior to September 1.
Registration fees will be refunded based upon the following schedule:
- Notice provided prior to start of your age group evaluations – 100% of fees
- Notice provided prior to end of the player’s last evaluation (and before a Coach Pick game, if applicable) - 75% of fees
- Notice provided prior to December 1st and subject to BRBHA Board of Directors approval, in the event of a medically documented withdrawal or a player moving out of the BRBHA boundaries - 50% of fees
- Notice provided after December 1st – no refund provided
An administrative fee of $50 will be will be applied to all refunds.
There are options for families who are not able to provide complete payment at the time of registration.
The Flames Even Strength Program provides assistance to families with up to a maximum of $700 per registered player in minor hockey.
It is expected that the remaining fees not covered by any assistance program will be covered by the player’s family. This difference must be paid prior to evaluations.
You must apply and qualify for this program by completing an on-line application. Please fill out this application after you register with Bow River.
For more information on FESP funding, call Pam Douglas at the Hockey Calgary office at (403) 245-5773 ext. 206
In Calgary, “Quadrant Hockey” is made up of 4 hockey associations for AA and AAA players, Bantam through Junior age. Bow River feeds into the NWCAA. The cost to play quadrant hockey is substantially more than community, most teams have travel requirements, more practices and games, and off ice training. Players must tryout for these teams.
Bantam & Midget Players who are trying out for the AA/AAA NWCAA teams must follow the regular registration process for BRBHA.
You will select the $0 BANTAM or MIDGET Hockey NWCAA Tryout option with BRBHA through the regular Bow River registration process. By doing so, you secure your player's spot with Bow River should your player not make one of the NWCAA teams. We use this information to help plan for the season. Please register with BRBHA FIRST and then with the NWCAA.
Payment will be collected only if your child is cut from the NWCAA
PLEASE NOTE: Choosing the NWCAA Quadrant Tryout option in the Bow River registration process only tells BRBHA of your player's intent. It DOES NOT register your player with the NWCAA. You will need to contact the North West Calgary Athletic Association directly by visiting their website.
It is the player/parent's responsibility to inform Bow River's administrator whether or not they have made a NWCAA team. Timely communication of this information is crucial so that plans can be made to include the player (or not include as the case may be) in our evaluation process.
Still have questions?
STEPS FOR NEW BRUINS PRIOR TO REGISTRATION:
ENTIRELY NEW TO HOCKEY
My player has never registered with any minor hockey association before and lives within the Bow River boundaries.
NEW TO BOW RIVER
My player has a Hockey Canada ID and has played for another minor hockey association, but will be transferring to the Bow River Bruins.
NEW PLAYER IN OUR FAMILY
We are an existing Bow River family with a new player in our family who has not played minor hockey before.